torstai 6. lokakuuta 2011

Le Havre

I am getting more accustomed to hitch-hiking and and mainly it is getting more boring during the waiting. I tried to get a ride from Gent to Le Havre in France and because of some roadwork I headed against previous warnings to Dunkerque. That city truly is difficult for getting a ride. People were so afraid of me that they closed windows when they saw me coming closer! I have newer felt that I was too scary and it was a bit awkward feeling. After 3 hours of trying I managed to get a ride to truck stop where all trucks were heading wrong way. Luckily after I decided to abandon truckstop i got quite fast ride to nearby road toll. After one hour of waiting it was already dark. I met two british ladies who were a bit afraid of me at first but after some driving on the wrong lane it was my turn to be worried. Great thanks for getting me to Le Havre before midnight even though it was a bit longer route for you!

In Le Havre Margaux and Ryad were waiting for me.

Coriander seeds are key to success  in filled paprikas.

The cat had nice camouflage. It also liked the smell of toilet.

Oscar Niemeyer

Jean Nouvel

The main reason why I originally wanted to go to Le Havre was the public swimming pool designed by Jean Nouvel. I turned out that the pool was closed for the time I was spending nearby. So we decided to hang out with Ryad in Café Lafayette. Jean Nouvel don´t like that people take pictures of his buildings but I wanted to look the amazing insides of the building and share that with everyone of you, enjoy! (picture above)

Despite being unlucky with architecture it was really nice to visit Le Havre. Margaux and Ryad were really fun to hang out with. The food we had was excellent and the appartment was really nice with amazing view!

Food

View

5 kommenttia:

  1. Pelottava olli on jotenkin kummallinen ajatus.
    Ja kreisi hieno kattinäkymäkuva !

    O

    VastaaPoista
  2. Vaikket mitään muuta matkallasi oppisikaan, niin ilmeisesti ainakin saadaan aikanaan parempia täytettyjä paprikoita.

    Nimim. "Eilen ensimmäistä kertaa 100 pistettä pallopelissä ylittänyt"

    VastaaPoista
  3. Suurimmat onnittelut. Ei mikään yllätys jos pelataan italialaisilla nimillä!

    terveisin Fabio

    VastaaPoista
  4. Pelattiin kyllä tylsästi ihan tavallisilla nimillä, valitsin vain nimimerkin kunnioittaakseni kuuluisaa 100 pisteen ylittäjää!

    VastaaPoista
  5. Kattinäkymä on tosiaan mahtava, saahan sen lainata taustakuvaksi!

    VastaaPoista