perjantai 14. lokakuuta 2011

Barcelona

This morning I felt great when I woke up. Sometimes you just have the feeling it will be a great day. Yesterday we visited La Petite Gallery near from the Macba modern art museum. The bar has gallery for young artists and now I am thinking should I be really creative this weekend and try to have my own exhibition done in just two days. I am thinking of doing colourful acvarel stuff but lets see if i have enough ideas for it.

I have been living now one week in the center of barcelona with 4 guys from Spain and one girl from Finland. I have my bed on the living room sofa. Even though there is one room that i probably could use I think I will stay the last days one the sofa anyway. This place has really nice atmosphere and I am learning spanish all the time.

Here I left my Hitch-hiking ride: Casa Batllo

On the first day we went to see a garden labyrinth near from the city but got lost before we could reach the labyrinth. We found strange restaurant by accident and decided to have lunch there. First we wanted to see the Fountain of milk. We never found it and ended up in mount Tibidabo and forgot the lunch. On the way we ate some figs from a tree. It was nice day.

Climbing to mountain

Paula, Steffano and Fig tree

Albert

On Tuesday was my turn to make food and I continued perfecting my karjalanpiirakka. We had also some kasvissosekeitto. We met one finnish girl by accident on the street and invited her also to the finnish evening.

Maria and Paula

My room

I had got a list of places to visit from Mikko and used one day in search for them. I found every place except the two libraries even though I forgot the paper with names maps and addresses back home. I was not  hungry so I spared Pim Pam Special Burger for later.

Some Fruits

Some heads

Some fish

Macba

In Montpellier I had conversation with Numa about modern art and he had interesting view for it. He thinks that art is about communication between the artist and the viewer. This is where the modern art fails sometimes and becomes too elitist to be understood by normal people. I think he has good point here. As I went to Macba I did not quite get the point of most of the works and waited until 16:00 for the english guide. The guide was mostly speaking about the history and I quickly fled the lesson.

Photography is forbidden

Art

Notes

More art

Saint Catarina Market

St. Cat. market

nice light

Saint Maria Cathedral

World oldest oven for frying almonds

Now the blog is again up to date with my location. I will stay here until next tuesday when I will head to Madrid or Valencia. I have not yet decided.

5 kommenttia:

  1. Menneiden joulujen haamu14. lokakuuta 2011 klo 11.03

    Eksyä matkalla sokkeloon. Miten ihanan ironista!

    VastaaPoista
  2. "...not yet decided." Hieno lopetus blogimerkinnälle. Oikea meininki!

    VastaaPoista
  3. *<:-----)

    noh teitkö sitten puhuttelevaa taidetta ja näyttelyn?

    VastaaPoista
  4. Valencia oli musta vallan hauska paikka, etenkin piitkä pitkä puisto, joka oli tehty johonkin vanhaan joenuomaan.

    VastaaPoista
  5. good luck in your journey it was a pleasure to meet you! xxx

    VastaaPoista