sunnuntai 23. lokakuuta 2011

Fuengirola (hitch-hiking in Spain)

The second day to Gibraltar started at 7:00 and after walking 5km to gas station a car with nice people took me and we headed to south. Unfortunately there was no good place to drop me off so I ended up in the gas station off the highway. After an hour i got ride 5km to nearby gas station that was said to be better, though it was just as bad. Few hours passed and I got a ride 10km to highway. There I waited two hours to meet an Arabic truck driver with whom I waited some time for his friend going to Gibraltar. When the friend arrived they had nice conversation in Arabic and I waited again for half an hour. Also it took some time for their praying towards Mecca. When we started going to south It turned out he was only going to Granada. I didn´t have to wait too long there before next ride to Malaga. From Malaga I got a ride 5km to better gas station and later on 20km to Fuengirola. At this point the clock was already over 21:00. I waited there for and hour with one guy threatening me not to look at his car or girl and also paid the gas station employer to watch if I do so.. I though it was time for me to look for a hostel to sleep in.

This was second time with Muslim driver and it was quite hard to have conversation about religion as I am not exactly religious and the conversation was in Spanish. Other topics were more simple and I learned a lot. Also I had my first rides from really rich people. It was interesting to hear how different the possibilities in life are for them and how they see the life.

Ahmed listened eurotrance

Windmills were as common as solar panels

Andalusia

Just when I was leaving the gas station one of the locals I had been talking to felt sorry for me and offered a cola. We talked about many things and had good conversation but when the conversation started to regard religion it got out of hands (from mine at least). He was a Jehova witness and really pleasant chap but he was persistent in neglecting any attempt to change topic or argument so I thanked for the cola and headed town.

Touristic paradise Fuengirola

In Fuengirola I had the other happy moment of my day as I saw a couple kissing passionately. They were probably over 80 years old. Right after them I passed group of suspicious looking Arabs. I wasn´t because they were Arabs but just the general feeling. I heard some whistling and another group of Arabs ran towards me with knives in their hands. I heard few gunshots behind and the knife boys fled. I walked to the other side of the street to avoid being shot but I think it was meant for the knives. Also I have feeling it was just blank shots but still quite exciting. (the happy moment wasseeing the happy couple, not the gunfight)

I found cheap hostel and went sleeping.

In the 3rd morning I went back to the same gas station and talked to drivers for half an hour. I also met Jaakko from Finland who told me how they bred froglings sometimes with his grandchildren back in my home country. I took a bus to next city and just when I was giving up I got a ride from three beautiful Spanish ladies and their crazy seven-month dog Baby. I think It is last time I will hitch-hike in Spain. 

Gibraltar here I come! 

The sea





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti