sunnuntai 2. lokakuuta 2011

Gent


I arrived to Gent late in the evening which seems to be the usual arriving time when using thumb method. In Gent I was welcomed with Charlotte and her friends. The people in Gent seem to be really nice but Zwaluwstraat is the place to be. It is a small dead end street full of life. People are friendly and social and you always find good company for small chat in the street or dinner around small table. The weather is always sunny in Zwaluzstraat!

Zwaluwstraat


On my first day I headed to Brugge which I know as "a fucking fairytale town". The old buildings were beautiful and that is about that. I wont go there again. In the city there are two kinds of people: moneybags and rip offs. Few hours of drawing and painting with few beers. Most of pictures included paranoid looking intensely for ones purses. I did not feel comfortable here and it was cloudy!

Corner in Brugge
Near police station
I really appreciate this street and its atmosphere. We spent my birthday party on the street having good food and delicious chocolate rasberry cake. If I ever go to Gent again I will come here again.

Belgian names are strange

Birthday hero with hat suited for the occacion

More strange names

Lively city of Gent
 In the last day I went for a swim in the public swimminghall and had a bit of citytour at the same time

"Ugliest building of the city" I found it interesting though

During my return to home I saw an interesting street full of graffiti. There I met few people who kindly opened the secrets of painting for me. My design was so popular that they offered to paint it in a place where it will stay forever (of course tagged with my blog address)! Hooray! 

I released the beast from the can! 

others had bigger plans

or same plans with higher meaning
Thank you Gent!

6 kommenttia:

  1. Täytyypi vinkata Pekalle, että etsii designisi vielä Gentissä asuessaan!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Rampun korkeat tavoitteet :----)


    löysin kuvan josta voisit tykätä :

    http://payload.cargocollective.com/1/2/88505/1290312/Dorothy-Lathrop--1920--illus.-for-A-Little-Boy-Lost-by-Hudson_900.jpg

    VastaaPoista
  3. Ompas ollut sulla komea paita kun oot mennyt ramppua maailmalle julistamaan !

    O

    VastaaPoista
  4. Sano pekalle että menee nopeeta kun tolla kadulla maalataan kuvat yli huikealla tahdilla..

    Ihana kuva. lupaan harjoitelle vesiväriä jahka ehdin.

    Paita on ehkä hieman hintahtava mutta mitäpä sitä ei taiteen eteen tekisi.

    VastaaPoista
  5. Olen kaveri, joka otti sinut pumppu. Oli hyvä matka. Hauska tavata. (Google Translator)

    VastaaPoista