sunnuntai 23. lokakuuta 2011

Alcoy (Hitch-hiking in Spain)

Theme for the art project was monsters. We had session in the park in saturday and our painting camp was popular among local children. We were planning to go to the Occupy but failed our timetables and friends and just painted in the park. During the weekend we could not make enough paintings for the exhibition but I am sure I will do it later during the travel.. Also I rather make the paintings again better.

It was Mohammeds bitrhday!

Crab is monster

Monster!

Nikola Tesla - Inventor of mustache
 I felt very comfortable in Barcelona but if I want to travel around the world I must be going on. To me it came a bit surprising but so far the hardest part of the trip has been always saying goodbye to nice people I just got to know.

I started 1100km hitch-hike towards Gibraltar where I had my next place reserved for sleeping.
I got my first truck ride quite fast and was nicely on my way to Valencia. The driver was from Equador and only spoke Spanish so I had four hour lesson in the language with refreshing sandwich and beer.

Patric teached me animal names in spanish

In the next place I had to wait quite long for the next ride. Finally I got a ride to Alcoy a bit north of Alicante. The driver was psychology student and we had so far the most interesting conversations about travelling instead of the same old sightseeing guide and listing of countries. When we reached Alcoy it started to get darker and we decided it would be better if I stay there for the night.

The hostel was really expensive (38e) but there was an alternative. Receptionist told me about red cross shelter for homeless and I decided to give it a try. Turned out that the bureaucracy was more complicated than expected and one volunteer had to stay with me for the night. I felt a bit guilty for his sake but I had good nights rest and some food also. Waking was at 7 in the morning and next day to hitch-hike was to begin.

3 kommenttia:

  1. http://ship.shapewright.com/?name=olli+raila
    Planetaarinen / Intergalactinen hirviö

    VastaaPoista
  2. You've started to look like a real traveller. :) Thanks for the horrifying monster-crab!

    VastaaPoista
  3. I am sorry but the crab is going to my mother.
    Once I start mailing stuff again.

    I will tidy up a bit soon. But not too much, no worries.

    VastaaPoista