torstai 22. joulukuuta 2011

Coming home


Travelling for three months now has been an incredible and great experience but I think now it the time for me to return home. Homesickness is almost as bad as seasickness and I have come to realize that I am missing my family and friends in Finland quite a lot. With people and places changing all the time it is necessary to be pleasant. That comes naturally from me but the resourse is not endless. Speaking all the languages except my own and learning all the new places and customs takes its toll.

After lookin over a week for a boat in St.Lucia that could take me to the South continent I thought flying as an option. After looking many different destinations I found cheap flights to Finland (actually cheaper than flying to Peru or any other place I could think of wanting to go) and booked them to be home just before new year.

Big thanks for everyone reading the blog supporting, meeting and sharing with me during my trip.
I have learned a lot and for me it is more important with whom I am with than where I am.

_O

4 kommenttia:

  1. Hyvä päätös Olli,
    ja hyvin päätelty myös!
    Tervetuloa takaisin!
    _____
    mjak

    VastaaPoista
  2. ¡¡Qué bueno que estás contento con tu regreso a casa! Te volvemos a dar mil gracias por tooodo y recuerda que te esperamos en nuestra casita en Toscana.

    ¡Un abrazote grande y ¡FELIZ NAVIDAD!!

    Con mucho cariño, Marianto y sus dos Robertos.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Luulen että päätöksen salattuna vaikuttimena oli huikea lanitapahtuma, jota ei vaan voi jättää väliin.

    Tuloa, terve-

    VastaaPoista
  4. So sorry Olli. That's such a shame. Now I wish I'd fattened you up for your ongoing voyage. That five weeks really was quite an experience, though and it was wonderful to have you along. Where has all the surreality gone - you've taken it with you! Sally xx

    VastaaPoista