maanantai 7. marraskuuta 2011

Tahaa (Lanzarote - Fuerteventura)

The 100m ketch was made in Pietarsaari
and had crew from americas cup.

After I was politely kicked out of the loveboat and hadn´t found a new one during the first 2 days I thought the best option for me was fishing in another harbour. I had sent a few couchsurfing requests in the night before but hadn´t got any answers. I also had looked for cheap hostels but the only one i could find was full and others above my budget (30e) so I prepared myself to sleep under the stars. I really should buy a travel mattress.

I went looking for the bus to Playa Blanca but I got a ride from the first car going my direction. After arrival I went straight to talk with the boats as it was getting dark soon. I met few nice catamarans that could possibly take me on board but as I was hoping to go to Brazil and not Caribean I kept looking. When it got dark I thought it is better to wait for next day. As I was walking back I met two frenchmen. The younger one was travelling like me and spoke excellent Spanish and a little bit English. The captain spoke mostly French. We went for a beer and and dinner in their boat. I got to sleep on the sofa and the next day (5th nov) we were already heading to the next island, Fuerteventura.


Jean Pierre (Captain) and Thomas

Mutant banana from Morocco

Sailing along Fuerteventura

Fuerteventura

Autopilot

Gran Tarajal

 My new boat was definately not as fancy as the previous one but there was cool relaxed athmosphere and we managed to keep good speed with only sails. We arrived quite late to the small port of Gran Tarajal and headed to the office. On the way we found a local fiesta and got to participate ourselves too. Free paella and other dishes with beer and wine accompanied with live music was perfect after the days work. The table was soon packed with french people. I spoke spanish with Thomas and later we left to see the delights of saturday night. Although I must say that in Gran Tarajal there were not too much to find.

We had to change berth
The captain would leave in 9th november and we would head then to Las Palmas for more boats.

5 kommenttia:

  1. Parran kanssa alat näyttää jo uskottavalta merimieheltä!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Kuka julkeaa kommentoida nimettömänä?

    VastaaPoista
  3. oo las palmas oo las palmas
    ...vVv
    >>w<<
    ...oOo
    .....U
    .....U
    .....U oo las palmus

    VastaaPoista
  4. Railoista nuorekkain !

    VastaaPoista